|Reference:||Research and Industrial Project|
|Source of funding:||University|
|Project Duration:||April 2014 - ongoing|
Official Project Home Page:
parkITsmart requires input from driver’s smart phones. The key feature of the system is to deliver parking availability estimations on a map. Other services, such as interfaces to payment solutions, parking extension time, parking location reminder, and parking expiration reminder are also be provided as an incentive of the user to use the application and contribute on the parking availability system.
parkITsmart is platform-independent, thus the major mobile Operating Systems (OS) such as Android and iOS are supported. Currently, the mobile application has been tested on Android and iOS. But the expansion to Windows Mobile is also planned. Furthermore, the system aims to be used from drivers that are not familiar with parking-related regulations of a location. Thus, the PMMS is designed to handle multilingual interfaces concerning the User Interface (UI) and information about parking regulations for a given area. Finally, the PMMS has Parking Provider (PP) accounts that will serve parking monitoring pur- poses, such as parking fine issuing when necessary. Those interfaces could possibly be used by authorities, such as police, or private companies that are responsible to monitor parking areas.
- Samuel Liniger, Parking Prediction Techniques in an IoT Environment
- Fabian Hofstetter, A Public Parking Management System for Zurich
- Livio Hobi, The Impact of Real-time Information Sources on Crowd-sourced Parking Availability Prediction
- Christos Tsiaras, Livio Hobi, Fabian Hofstetter, Saluel Liniger, Burkhard Stiller,"parkITsmart: Minimization of Cruising for Parking", 24th International Conference on Computer Communications and Networks (ICCCN 2015), Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, August 2015.
- Parking Monitoring and Management Solution (PMMS)
Inquiries may be directed to the local Swiss project management:
|Prof. Dr. Burkhard Stiller|
|University of Zürich, IFI|
|Phone: +41 44 635 67 10|
|Fax: +41 44 635 68 09|