CONCORDIA is a major H2020 consortium to interconnect Europe’s Cybersecurity capabilities. It will establish a pilot for a Cybersecurity Competence Network to provide technological, societal and policy leadership for Europe and will lead the development of a common Cybersecurity Research & Innovation Roadmap for Europe. The EU-wide consortium involves prominent industry, academia, SMEs and especially national cyber security centers.
|Source of funding:||
EU, overall 16 M€
1.1.2019 - 13.12.2022
|Official Project Home Page:|
CONCORDIA will establish a pilot for a Cybersecurity Competence Network to provide technological, societal and policy leadership for Europe and will lead the development of a common Cybersecurity Research & Innovation Roadmap for Europe. The EU-wide consortium involves prominent industry, academia, SMEs and especially national cyber security centers.
The project will be a fundamental instrument for promoting excellent research, market innovation, skill building, and a research roadmap for cybersecurity in Europe. In this context, the vision of CONCORDIA is to create a community, building bridges, and setting the foundations for strong cooperation between all stakeholders.
The Communication Systems Group CSG of the Department of Informatics IfI at the University of Zurich UZH leads within Work Package WP4 the Task 4.3 on "Economic Perspectives". Additionally, the CSG's expertise in Blockchains will be embedded to study and support DDoS mitigation mechanisms, cryptographic solutions on IoT devices, application-data security visualizations to identify and compare incidents (Forensic Visualizations), and operate a blockchain usage for CONCORDIA certificates.
- Sina Rafati Niya, Eryk Schiller, Ile Cepilov, Burkhard Stiller: Standardization of Blockchain-based I2oT Systems in the I4 Era; IEEE/IFIP Network Operations and Management Symposium (NOMS 2020), "Management in the Age of Softwarization and Artificial Intelligence", Budapest, Hungary, April 2020
- Christian Killer, Bruno Rodrigues, Burkhard Stiller: Practical Introduction to Blockchain-Based Remote Electronic Voting (Tutorial); IEEE International Conference on Blockchain and Cryptocurrency (ICBC 2020), Toronto, Canada, May 2020.
- Bruno Rodrigues, Spasen Trendafilov, Eder John Scheid, Burkhard Stiller: SC-FLARE: Cooperative DDoS Signalingbased on Smart Contracts; IEEE International Conference on Blockchain and Cryptocurrency (ICBC 2020), Toronto, Canada, May 2020, pp 1–3.
- Bruno Rodrigues, Eder Scheid, Burkhard Stiller: Tutorial - Blockchains in the Age of Softwarization – Hands-on Experiences with Programming Smart Contracts and Their Security Pitfalls. IFIP/IEEE Network Operations and Management Symposium (NOMS 2020). Budapest, Hungary. 20-24 April. 2020
- Christian Killer, Bruno Rodrigues, Raphael Matile, Eder John Scheid, Burkhard Stiller: Design and Implementation of Cast-as-Intended Verifiability for a Blockchain-Based Voting System; The 35th ACM Symposium on Applied Computing (Fully Virtual Event), "Proceedings of the 35th Annual ACM Symposium on Applied Computing", Brno, Czech Republic, March 2020, pp 286–293. doi:10.1145/3341105.3373884 URL: https://doi.org/10.1145/3341105.3373884.
- Alessandro De Carli, Muriel Franco, Andreas Gassmann, Christian Killer, Bruno Rodrigues, Eder John Scheid, David Schoenbaechler, Burkhard Stiller: WeTrace: Privacy-preserving Mobile COVID-19 Tracing Approach and Application; Unreferred, Technical Report, Zürich, Switzerland, April 2020, URL: https://files.ifi.uzh.ch/CSG/staff/rodrigues/extern/publications/WeTrace-Whitepaper-v2.0.pdf.
- Eryk Schiller, Sina Rafati Niya, Timo Surbeck, Burkhard Stiller: Scalable Transport Mechanisms for Blockchain IoT Applications; 44th Conference on Local Computer Networks (LCN 2019), Osnabrück, Germany, October 2019, pp 34–41. doi:10.1109/LCNSymposium47956.2019.9000673 URL: https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/9000673.
- Sina Rafati Niya, Sebastian Allemann, Arik Gabay, Burkhard Stiller: TradeMap: A FINMA-compliant Anonymous Management of an End-2-end Trading Market Place; 15th International Conference on Network and Service Management CNSM 2019, Halifax, Canada, October 2019, pp 1–4.
- Christian Killer, Bruno Rodrigues, Burkhard Stiller: Threat Management Dashboard for a Blockchain Collaborative Defense; IEEE GLOBECOM Workshop 27th on Blockchain in Telecommunications: Emerging Technologies for the Next Decade and Beyond, Waikoloa, USA, December 2019, pp 1–6. URL: https://files.ifi.uzh.ch/CSG/staff/rodrigues/extern/publications/ICBC19_CK.pdf.
- Bruno Rodrigues, Burkhard Stiller: Cooperative Signaling of DDoS Attacks in a Blockchain-based Network; ACM SIGCOMM 2019 Conference Posters and Demos, Beijing, China, August 2019, ISBN 978-1-4503-6886-5, pp 39–41. doi:10.1145/3342280.3342300 URL: https://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=3342300.
- Muriel Franco, Bruno Rodrigues, Burkhard Stiller: MENTOR: The Design and Evaluation of a Protection Services Recommender System; 15th International Conference on Network and Service Management (CNSM 2019), Halifax, Canada, October 21-25. 2019
- Bruno Rodrigues, Muriel Franco, Geetha Parangi, Burkhard Stiller: SEConomy: A Framework for the Economic Assessment of Cybersecurity; 16th International Conference on Economics of Grids, Clouds, Systems, and Services (GECON 2019), Leeds, UK, September 17-19. 2019
- Christian Killer, Bruno Rodrigues, Burkhard Stiller. Security Management and Visualization in a Blockchain-based Collaborative Defense. IEEE International Conference on Blockchain and Cryptocurrency (ICBC 19). May 14-17, 2019, Seoul, South Korea. Link
Inquiries may be directed to the local Swiss project management:
|Prof. Dr. Burkhard Stiller|
|University of Zürich, IFI|
|Phone: +41 44 635 67 10|
|Fax: +41 44 635 68 09|