2008 2nd IEEE International Workshop on Bandwidth on Demand (BoD 2008)
April 11, 2008
"From Bandwidth on Demand to Networks on Demand –
The rapid technological progress in the area network virtualization, mainly driven by new optical fiber technology and virtual router infrastructures, is generating a new trend for "on demand" provisioning of bandwidth or even whole networks for applications that require short-term bandwidth assignments at large scale, such as large sporting events or cultural open air activities. However, suitable business models for "on demand" bandwidth services are currently missing.
The BoD 2008 workshop seeks original papers, both from industry as well as
academia, dealing with the technical, economic, and legal dimensions of
BoD mechanisms. The workshop will include presentations and discussions of
accepted technical papers, as well as invited talks and a panel session.
- David Hausheer, Panayotis Antoniadis, Kohei Shiomoto, Burkhard Stiller, Jean Walrand (Eds.): 2008 2nd IEEE International Workshop on Bandwidth on Demand. In Proceedings of NOMS 2008 Workshops, IEEE Communications Society, ISBN: 978-1-4244-2067-4, Salvador da Bahia, Brazil, April 2008.
Antoniadis, LIP6, France
- Prof. Dr. David Hausheer, University of Zurich, Switzerland
- Kohei Shiomoto, NTT Labs, Japan
Burkhard Stiller, University of
Zurich and ETH Zurich, Switzerland
- Jean Walrand, UC Berkeley, USA
- Paper registration deadline: January 25, 2008
- Submission deadline: January 25, 2008
- Notification of acceptance: February 20, 2008
- Final versions of papers due: March 4, 2008
- Workshop date: April 11, 2008