Universität Zürich Institut für Informatik (IFI),
BIN 2.E.04 Binzmühlestrasse 14 CH-8050 Zürich
Phone:+41 44 635 43 75 Fax: +41 44 635 68 09
Christian Killer joined the Communication Systems Group (CSG) in February 2019 in order to obtain his doctoral degree under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Burkhard Stiller. He finished his Master’s Degree in Informatics at the University of Zurich, focussing on Security Management and Visualization in a Blockchain-based Collaborative Defense. During his Master’s he also completed a Master’s Project Provotum - Privacy, Verifiability, and Auditability in Blockchain-based E-Voting.
- Blockchains and Distributed Ledgers
- Remote Electronic Voting and Remote Postal Voting
- Secret Ballot Voting Protocols
- Security of Electoral Processes
- Network Security and Penetration Testing
- Security Management and Visualization
Please check here to see list of open thesis.
If you are interested to work on any topics related Blockchains, Remote Electronic Voting, the security of electoral processes or any other Network Security-related areas, feel free to contact me or come by the office.
- [Full Paper] Christian Killer, Bruno Rodrigues, Eder John Scheid, Muriel Franco, Moritz Eck, Nik Zaugg, Alex Schetlin, Burkhard. Stiller: Provotum: A Blockchain-Based and End-to-End Verifiable Remote Electronic Voting System; IEEE 45th Conference on Local Computer Networks (LCN), Sidney, Australia, November 2020, pp 1–12.
- [Journal] Bruno Rodrigues, Eder Scheid, Christian Killer, Muriel Franco, Burkhard Stiller: Blockchain Signaling System (BloSS): Cooperative Signaling of Distributed Denial-of-Service Attacks; Journal of Network and Systems Management, Springer Nature, August, 2020, pp. 1-37. Link
- [Technical Report] Christian Killer, Lucas Thorbecke, Bruno Rodrigues, Eder John Scheid, Muriel Franco, Burkhard Stiller: Proverum: A Hybrid Public Verifiability for Decentralized Identity Management; IFI Technical Report 2020.03, Zürich, Switzerland, August 2020. [arxiv] [Researchgate] [IFI TR 2020.03] (PDF, 704 KB)
- [White Paper] Alessandro De Carli, Muriel Franco, Andreas Gassmann, Christian Killer, Bruno Rodrigues, Eder John Scheid, David Schoenbaechler, Burkhard Stiller: WeTrace: Privacy-preserving Mobile COVID-19 Tracing Approach and Application; Technical Report, Zürich, Switzerland, April 2020. Link
- [Tutorial] Christian Killer, Bruno Rodrigues, Eder Scheid, Muriel Franco, Burkhard Stiller. Practical Introduction to Blockchain-based Remote Electronic Voting. IEEE International Conference on Blockchain and Cryptocurrency (ICBC 20). 3-6 May. Toronto, Canada. Link
- [Full Paper]: Christian Killer, Bruno Rodrigues, Raphael Matile, Eder Scheid, Burkhard Stiller. Design and Implementation of Cast-as-Intended Verifiability for a Blockchain-based Voting System. The 35th ACM Symposium on Applied Computing (SAC). March 30th to April 3rd, 2020. Brno, Czech Republic. [Open Access] (PDF, 2297 KB)ACM
- [Workshop Paper] Christian Killer, Bruno Rodrigues, Burkhard Stiller. Threat Management Dashboard for a Blockchain Collaborative Defense. 2019 IEEE Globecom Workshops (GCWS27): IEEE GLOBECOM 2019 Workshop on Telecommunications and Blockchain. 9-13 December 2019 // Waikoloa, HI, USA. Link.
- [Full Paper] Christian Killer, Burkhard Stiller. The Swiss Postal Voting Process and its System and Security Analysis. 2019 The International Conference for Electronic Voting (E-VOTE ID). 1-4 October 2019 // Bregenz, Austria. Link Slides (External).
- [Short Paper] Christian Killer, Bruno Rodrigues, Burkhard Stiller. A Proposal for Security Management and Visuualization in a Blockchain-based Collaborative Defense. IEEE International Conference on Blockchain and Cryptocurrency (ICBC 19). 14-17 May. Seoul, South Korea. [Link]
- [Full Paper] Thomas Bocek, Christian Killer, Christos Tsiaras, Burkhard Stiller: An NFC Relay Attack with Off-the-shelf Hardware and Software; 10th International Conference on Autonomous Infrastructure, Management and Security, AIMS 2016, "Vol. 9701 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science", Munich, Germany, June 2016, pp 1–13. [Link]