Special attention must be given to Quality-of-Service and related aspects in both access networks and core networks in the presence of mixed multimedia traffic. To accomplish this, new analytical tools, software implementations and prototypes have to be developed and validated. TheAction is also expected:
- To use the Pan-European infrastructure of the COST Action to establish and to validate international test-beds and, therefore, to produce valuable outcome; it should be emphasized that the most of participants possess own local test-beds, whereas lack of coordination and integration prevent a critical mass and proper results dissemination.
- To contribute to standardization bodies on the basis of the obtained achievements by creating standards inputs leading to well supported decisions.
- To coordinate the research relations, and foster exchange and networking of researchers, between European participating organizations and research groups being active in the field. The COST Action will also contribute its research results to existing and particularly relevant world-wide events, such as conferences and symposia.
- To actively pursue links with industry and service providers.
The activities carried out in this Action will bring benefits not only at the national level, but also at the European level. Results will strengthen the position of European research activities and industry in these fields and will help to define new innovative approaches for the QoS provision in the presence of multimedia traffics in mobile networks.
Cristian Morariu: An Integrated Accounting and Charging Architecture for
Mobile Grids. Vol. 7th MCM Cost 290, Split, Croatia, September 2006.
- David Hausheer: PeerMart and PeerMint: Pricing and Accounting in Peer-to-Peer Networks. 5th COST 290 MCM, Delft, The Netherlands, February 2006. [Ha06b]
Inquiries may be directed to the local Swiss project management:
|Prof. Dr. Burkhard Stiller|
|University of Zürich, IFI|
|Phone: +41 44 635 67 10|
|Fax: +41 44 635 68 09|