Dr. Thomas Bocek
Contact InformationUniversität Zürich
Institut für Informatik (IFI), BIN 2.E.04
Dr. Thomas Bocek holds a Doctor of Informatics (Dr. Inform.) degree from the University of Zurich and his area of interest are communication systems, protocols and networks, especially focusing on decentralized and peer-to-peer systems. Further research interests are decentralized key-value storage mechanisms. His work is documented in more than 15 research papers and Thomas contributed to a number of EU and industrial projects, such as EC-GIN, SmoothIT, and Emanics. Dr. Thomas Bocek has been employed from 2005 to 2010 as a research assistant for the Communication Systems Group of Prof. Dr. Burkhard Stiller. Since 2010 he works there part-time as a post-doc and part-time in industry.
- Distributed and Peer-to-Peer Systems (similarity search, incentives, streaming, voting)
- TomP2P, a decentralized key-value storage library
- Emanics: European Network of Excellence (NoE) on Management of the Internet and Complex Services (2006 - 2009)
- EC-GIN - Europe-China Grid InterNetworking (2006 - 2009)
- BioXes - Biometric Access Control Management (2007-2011)
- Please refer to the publications page.