Services and Infrastructures
CSG provides a number of services to its staff members and their students as well as IFI members. These services include primarily testbed infrastructures in support of research and other activities:
- A VoIP testbed is being developed within the EMANICS project. It will be applied in the productive phone communications environment of the IFI shortly.
- CSG is leading and managing the research network EmanicsLab.
- A highly flexible testbed infrastructure is available for dedicated research projects or student theses.
- CSG is a member of PlanetLab, a global research network that supports the development of new network services.
- CSG hosts subversion repositories that can be used for research projects or student theses.
- CSG provides native IPv6 connectivity to all IFI members.
CSG is hosting mirrors of open source software: Debian and Ubuntu mirrors. The CSG mirror server website has more information about what is served and the status of it.
Other services, provided by the IFI, UZH, or SWITCH:
- UZH members can create their own certificates via SWITCHpki. The CSG certificate is used to provide secure access to our services.
- Parking lots for IFI members and visitors
- WLAN roaming across university campuses and public hotspots