Linubia: A User-based IP Accounting for Linux
LINUBIA is an architecture for accounting IP traffic on a per-user basis in an enterprise network. The main components of LINUBIA are:
- a Linux kernel extension for accounting of IP traffic on a per-user basis
- a Diameter-based accounting infrastructure
an LDAP-based authentication platform
- Cristian Morariu, Manuel Feier, Burkhard Stiller: LINUBIA: A Linux-supported User-Based IP Accounting. 18th IFIP/IEEE International Workshop on Distributed Systems: Operations and Management (DSOM 2007), San Jose, USA, October 2007.
A Linubia patch for the Linux kernel 2.6.17 can be downloaded from here. Linubia can be enabled from Networking-->Networking Options-->TCP/IP Networking.
The available options are:
- IP: Per user accounting
- IP: Per user accounting debugging output
- IPv6: Per user accounting for IPv6