Universität Zürich Institut für Informatik (IFI),
BIN 2.E.02 Binzmühlestrasse 14 CH-8050 Zürich
Phone: +41 44 635 67 02 Fax: +41 44 635 68 09
Sina Rafati Niya started his PhD studies at Communication Systems Group (CSG), under supervision of Prof. Dr. Burkhard Stiller at the University of Zurich (UZH). Since Oct. 2016 he is working as teacher and research assistant at CSG. He had his MSc. at Urmia University of Technology -- Iran on Information Technology Engineering and BSc. on Software Engineering.
Please check here to see list of open thesis (SP, BA, MBM, IS, BA, MA, MP,... ). Also, If you are interested to work on any blockchain-based topics related to my research area feel free to contact me.
- Supply Chain Management with IoT and Blockchains
- Theories of blockchain and its evolution
- Applications with blockchain technique
- Protocols and algorithms based on blockchain
- Smart contract and distributed ledger
- Blockchain and Bitcoin security
- Distributed consensus and fault tolerance mechanisms
- Blockchain schemes for decentralization
- Security, privacy and trust management, and performance optimization of blockchain and decentralized schemes
- Attacks on blockchain based systems
- Blockchain-based lightweight data structures for IoT data
- Blockchain based IoT security solutions
- Blockchain in CPS, social networking, crowdsourcing, crowdsensing, 5G, edge and cloud computing
- Lightweight clients and simple payment verification in Bitcoin
- MobSys; PMMC; CECN; IntEco; ComSys; SSDS
- [Journal Paper] - Sina Rafati Niya, Florian Schüpfer, Thomas Bocek, Burkhard Stiller: A Peer-to-peer Purchase and Rental Smart Contract-based Application (PuRSCA); it - Information Technology, (2018) Retrieved 8 Oct. 2018, doi:10.1515/itit-2017-0036. URL: https://www.degruyter.com/view/j/itit.ahead-of-print/itit-2017-0036/itit-2017-0036.xml
- [Poster] - Sina Rafati Niya, Burkhard Stiller: Poster: Design and Evaluation of a Time Efficient Vertical Handoff Algorithm between LTE-A and IEEE 802.11ad Wireless Networks; IFIP Networking 2018, "IFIP Networking", Zürich, Switzerland, May 2018, pp 100-101. link
- [Technical Report] - Sina Rafati Niya, Burkhard Stiller: Design and Evaluation of a Time Efficient Vertical Handoff Algorithm between LTE-A and IEEE 802.11ad Wireless Networks; UZH-IfI, IFI-TecReport No. 2018.03, Zürich, Switzerland, April 2018, URL: https://files.ifi.uzh.ch/CSG/staff/Rafati/Handoff-IFI-2018.03.pdf.
- [Technical Report] - Sina Rafati niya, Florian Schüpfer, Thomas Bocek, Burkhard Stiller: A Peer-to-Peer Purchase and Rental SmartContract-based Application; University of Zurich- IFI, IFI-TecReport No. 2017.04, Zürich, Switzerland, November 2017. link
- [Demo] - Sina Rafati Niya, Florian Schüpfer, Thomas Bocek, Burkhard Stiller: Demo- Setting up Flexible and Light Weight Trading Contracts with Enhanced User Privacy Using Smart Contracts; 16th EEE/IFIP Network Operations and Management Symposium, "Cognitive Management in a Cyber World", Taipei, Taiwan, April 2018, pp 100-104. URL: https://files.ifi.uzh.ch/CSG/staff/Rafati/BTSCA.pdf.
- [Short Paper] - Sina Rafati Niya, Sanjiv S. Jha, Thomas Bocek, Burkhard Stiller: Design and Implementation of an Automated and Decentralized Pollution Monitoring System with Blockchains, Smart Contracts, and LoRaWAN; 16th IEEE/IFIP Network Operations and Management Symposium, "Cognitive Management in a Cyber World", Taipei, Taiwan, April 2018, pp 100-102. URL: https://files.ifi.uzh.ch/CSG/staff/Rafati/BPMS.pdf.
- [Journal] - Thomas Bocek, Sina Rafati, Bruno Rodrigues, Burkhard Stiller. CoinBlesk - A Real-time, Bitcoin-based Payment Approach and App. ERCIM News - Special Issue: Blockchain Engineering, Vol. 2017, No. 110, July 2017, pp 14-15. Link
- [Full Paper] - Bruno Rodrigues, Thomas Bocek, David Hausheer, Andri Lareida, Sina Rafati, Burkhard Stiller. A Blockchain-based Architecture for Collaborative DDoS Mitigation with Smart Contracts and SDN. 11th International Conference on Autonomous Infrastructure, Management and Security (AIMS 2017). July 10-14, Zurich, Switzerland. To appear.