Guilherme is an academic guest in the CSG and he is working in the EmanicsLab. Guilherme received his PhD from the Department of Informatics in the University of Zurich (UZH) in 2015. He holds an M.Sc. (2009) and B.Sc. (2006) degrees in Computer Science from the Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS), and Pontifical Catholic University of Rio Grande do Sul, respectively.
During his M.Sc. degree he worked in a research project called ChangeLedge funded by Hewlett-Packard R&D Brazil, that was focused in theChange Management in Information Technology (IT) systems. More specifically, it was developed a solution to support Rollback in IT Change Management systems. At 2008 he made an internship at HP Labs Bristol, UK, since ChangeLedge was a joint project between UFRGS and HP Labs.
In the past, Guilherme also developed some research in Network Security area (more focused to printer devices) with projects funded by Hewlett-Packard.
Guilherme's publications (during B.Sc. and M.Sc.) can be reached here.
Guilherme's recent publications can be reached here.
Other professional activities
Guilherme acted as a reviewer to the:
- IEEE Journal of Communications and Networks (JCN)
- IEEE International Communications Conference (ICC2010)
IEEE/IFIP Network Operations and Management Symposium (NOMS 2010)
- IEEE/IFIP International Workshop on Business-driven IT Management (IM 2009 - BDIM 2009)
Elsevier Computer Networks Journal (COMNET)
- Asia-Pacific Network Operations and Management Symposium (APNOMS 2008)
- Journal of Theoretical and Applied Computing (RITA)
- Free Software Workshop (WSL 2008)
- Brazilian Symposium on Telecommunication (SBrT 2008)
- Latin American Informatics Conference (CLEI 2008)
- Regional School on Computer Networks (ERRC 2007 & ERRC 2008)
Guilherme was a local organizing committee member for the:
- 8th Brazilian Symposium on Information and Computer Systems Security (SBSeg 2008)
- 3rd Latin American Autonomic Computing Symposium (LAACS 2008)
- Network Accounting
- Cloud Computing
- Protocols design
Semantic Web in Network Management
- IT Change Management, or generically IT Management
- IPv6 networks
- Network Security
- Security on embedded devices