|Reference:||EU Project, IP for FP6-2003-IST-2-004293|
|Source of funding:||European Commission|
|Project Duration:||July 1, 2004 - November 30, 2007|
Official Project Home Page:
Mobility has become a central aspect of life for people in business, education, and leisure. Related mobile 3G network infrastructures and user communities have surpassed corresponding Internet figures. Independent of this development, Grid technology is evolving from a niche market solely addressing the HPC domain towards a framework useable within a broad business context. However, while affecting largely identical complex applications, user and provider domains, the Grid community has been basically mobility-unaware.
- Strategically, these infrastructures are considered as the Beyond-3G enabler.
- From a technical point of view, Akogrimo will especially leverage mobility, QoS, AAA and security functionalities provided by corresponding network-related middleware systems of such infrastructures. However, pursuing this goal, Akogrimo will address at the same time issues unresolved so far concerning ‘mobile and pervasive services in the Internet world' by looking at the Grid and Internet with an integrative architectural view.
- From a user's point of view, Akogrimo will provide the technologies and concepts to establish a ‘virtual home', with nomadic and mobile environments for solving complex problems across network technology and provider domains. In generalizing the core Grid concept - namely the resource-sharing concept - Akogrimo will pattern these environments as ‘Mobile Dynamic Virtual Organizations'. The MDVO concept will incorporate network-identity-based concepts of personalization, profiling, privacy, security and trust.
- From the provider's point of view, an Akogrimo world will provide new business models and opportunities eventually making commercially viable NGGs a reality.
- P. Racz, J. E. Burgos, N. Inacio, C. Morariu, V. Olmedo, V. Villagra, R. L. Aguiar, B. Stiller: Mobility and QoS Support for a Commercial Mobile Grid in Akogrimo. 16th IST Mobile & Wireless Communications Summit, Budapest, Hungary, 1-5 July 2007.
- M. Waldburger, C. Morariu, P. Racz, J. Jähnert, S. Wesner, B. Stiller: Grids in a Mobile World: Akogrimo’s Network and Business Views. Praxis der Informationsverarbeitung und Kommunikation (PIK), Vol. 30, No. 1, pages 32-43, January 2007.
- C. Morariu, M. Waldburger, B. Stiller: An Integrated Accounting and Charging Architecture for Mobile Grids. Third International Workshop on Networks for Grid Applications (GridNets 2006), pages 1-10, San Jose (CA), USA, October 2006.
- C. Morariu, R. Zimmermann, B. Stiller: Implementation of a Non-Repudiation Approach for Web-Services in Mobile Grids. 12th Eunice Summer School 2006, Stuttgart, Germany, September 2006.
- Martin Waldburger, Burkhard Stiller: Regulatory Issues for Mobile Grid Computing in the European Union. 17th European Regional ITS Conference, pages 1-9, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, August 2006.
- Martin Waldburger, Burkhard Stiller: Toward the Mobile Grid: Service Provisioning in a Mobile Dynamic Virtual Organization. 4th ACS/IEEE International Conference on Computer Systems and Applications (AICCSA-06), pages 579-583, Dubai/Sharjah, UAE, March 2006.
- Hasan, Peter Racz, Cristian Morariu, David Hausheer, Burkhard Stiller: A4C Support for Commercialization of Next Generation Grid Services. ERCIM NEWS No. 70, July 2007.
Inquiries may be directed to the local Swiss project management:
|Prof. Dr. Burkhard Stiller|
|University of Zürich, IFI|
|Phone: +41 44 635 67 10|
|Fax: +41 44 635 68 09|